06 August 2013 - 08 August 2013
The 6th APT Policy and Regulation Forum for Pacific was held from 6 to 8 August 2013 in Nadi, Fiji. The Forum was organized by the Asia Pacific Telecommunity (APT). The Forum was hosted by the Ministry of Communications, Republic of Fiji, supported by the Ministry of Internal affairs and Communications (MIC), Government of Japan, Department of Broadband, Communications, and the Digital Economy (DBCDE), Australian Government, and the Pacific Islands Telecommunication Association (PITA).
The main objectives of the meeting are:
- To evaluate the progress of the decisions taken at the 5th Policy and Regulation Forum for Pacific 2012 at Denarau, Fiji;
- To facilitate measures to accelerate telecom and ICT infrastructure development (particularly broadband) and promote e-applications;
- To exchange information and share ideas in a common platform among the Pacific Island Countries;
- To address key Policy and Regulatory concerns for Pacific;
- To consider best practices and further develop regulatory frameworks for Pacific island Countries;
- Regulator’s Panel Session;
- APT Preparations for ITU Plenipotentiary Conference (PP-14) and World Telecommunication Development Conference (WTDC-14) meetings of ITU.
to view this item.